Wednesday, June 4, 2008

At the Hospital...

Ah, the joys of this pregnancy continue. I noticed over the weekend that baby had been pretty quiet, so I called in on Monday and they had me come in just to check her out. Turns out she is perfectly fine, but I was up to 5-6 cm. They sent me to the hospital where I had lots and lots of contractions all day Monday. They got to about 2.5 minutes apart, and then just slowed down and stopped. They put me back on the anti-contraction meds on Tuesday, and informed me that I am now here for the long haul. It has all been very stressful and disappointing for me. Here I thought baby was on her way, and now she's not here yet and I am stuck in the hospital until she makes her grand entrance. This has been one trying experience all the way through. I really have had it with the bed rest. As a person who doesn't sit still for 5 minutes normally, going on 6 weeks now is about as torurous as it gets. The good thing is they took me off the anti-contraction meds tonight. The bad thing is that I am not convinced I will ever have strong enough contractions on my own for this labor to proceed. The dr's will not help things along prior to 38 weeks, and even then, it's a maybe. So, depending on what this little one decides to do, this could be yet another LONG HAUL for all of us. I hate being stuck here and leaving Jeff with all of the responsibility of Mikaiya and really feel like I have abondoned my family. Hopefully this whole ordeal will be over soon and we can actually enjoy the presence of our new little girl and be back to a normal family all living under one roof!

1 comment:

The Scharlau's said...

How frustrating! I hope that she comes soon, but remember the longer she stays in the better!! I think about you lots! Keep smiling, not too much longer!!