Monday, September 1, 2008

August

Sorry for not posting in awhile! Things have not been very eventful here, so I have not had a lot to write about. I guess it's time to wrap up the month and post monthly pics though, so here goes...

August was a pretty slow month for us here as far as activities go, but the month really still just flew by! Mikaiya had a pretty good month. We have been working hard on potty training and she is really making a lot of progress. She wears underwear now all weekend and has been doing well. We still have a few accidents here and there, but that is to be expected. She also moved to her new classroom at school, which has been good too. She was in Early Preschool I and is now in Early Preschool II. Based on the names, I wasn't expecting a lot of differences, but I was very wrong! Mikaiya's new teacher is responsible for preparing all of the kids to start preschool. She is very regimented and strict and runs a very tight classroom, which is perfect for a bunch of 2 1/2 year olds! She is working on potty training the whole class since they cannot move up until they are officially done. Mikaiya is still wearing pull ups most days in school, but she keeps them dry usually. She has been resistent to undies at school because she had an accident one day and was very upset by it. We (us and her teacher) have decided it's best not to push her and we will let her decide when she's ready. We have been getting a lot of homework ourselves in this class too...flashcards, chore sheets to make Mikaiya fill out, etc...

Braenna is growing like a weed! She is up to 11.5-12 pounds now and seems really long too! She's had a month filled with smiles, coos and all kinds of curiosity. She loves to look around and hates to lay still! She's been sleeping through the night for a little over a week now which has been really great for us! Go Braenna! Hopefully it keeps up since I go back to work tomorrow and she officially starts daycare. I was really worried about how she was going to do at daycare being that she pretty much sees just me and Jeff...oh yeah, and Jodi...her favorite person to sleep on! But we had a very busy weekend this weekend and she was great with all of the strangers at three different loud get togethers we were at. She let anyone hold her and was very content, so I'm feeling a little better about it all now. She's been quite the trooper this weekend and has shown that she's just a laid back, easy baby! We are so lucky!!

I think that's about it for the month here. Sorry this post is so long, but I haven't written in awhile. I am really nervous about going back to work tomorrw, worrying about leaving my little one (even though I know she's in good hands), and worrying about getting back into the swing of things after being out for 4 months. Should be an interesting week!

Here is the link to our pics for this month: http://photos.walmart.com/share/p=22511220291521214/l=12749016/g=3342801/cobrandOid=1011/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB Sorry again about their being so many, but I tried to keep it to as few as I could!

1 comment:

Teresa and Kory said...

Good luck today. I know I called last night to wish you well - but am thinking about you today too.